Wednesday 3 July 2013

And today got a whole lot better

Sometimes I find the way we start our day is often the way the day continues to show its wicked sense of humour.... BUT I am pleased to report that after falling out of the bed this morning literally, my day only got better.
What could possibly happen that would bring out my simmering optimism for life...well I shall share a little secret ..It was in fact a belt sander......A belt sander you ask "Yes" you hear me cry, sad I know but for a woman as in Tina Turners words of a " Certain Age " this object brought not only glee and excitement to my day but also a sense of relief that my broken up body had at last found an ally.
 After enduring the discomfort of a thoracotomy in my mid twenties a broken collar bone, chipped shoulder bone and a broken calcanium in my foot in my thirties, which the latter resulted in my going out for a Friday night and resulted in a two week stay in the world famous Hull Royal Infirmary.... but as my friends (loosely named and you will be later !!) dumped me in the A and  E Dept and then continued their night I rest assured I did not spoil their evening..selfless to the core !!! .Then of course there is most recently a fractured left hand, so anything that takes the pressure of these weary bones has to be welcomed with great excitement.
Also as time is a lot more precious now than it was in my twenties and thirties, where I spent many mornings suffering the effects of alcohol related shenanigans ...self inflicted of course, the time saved with yet another wonderful gadget is priceless. Tables, tallboys, chairs have all had the soft caress of my 800 watt Challenge Extreme sander racing across it at the speed of light today.......Its dulcet tones bringing sheer delight to my neighbours whose waving brought even more happiness to my day......they were of course not waving but trying to get my attention ..earmuffs are clearly now on Santa s list for them.
So during the course of my day many items otherwise destined the great wooden furniture graveyard in the sky will make their way into new homes bringing as much delight to their new owners as they have to me re-loving them. So my lesson today has to be use your time wisely ....... buy a belt sander to smooth out those rough edges in life xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment