Monday 1 July 2013

And when I never nearly started!!

This morning I was awoken by birds singing and the smell of freshly ground coffee ...and then I opened my eyes and the sound of the birds was replaced by the sound of the traffic thundering down the road and the smell of coffee beans only to be replaced by the aroma of Harry (my dog) asleep on the pillow next to me....but never mind my day could only improve ...or so I thought.
 Generally speaking a keys best attribute is the ability to open and close things ,well not in my house!!. The back door key refused to budge ,once again questioning my ability to function ...had it stuck.. did I pick up the wrong key....or once again had those terrible moments of memory loss disabled me from doing something I have done at least twice a day for 32 years. 
This of course was no consolation to Harry who by now was jumping up like a kangaroo sat on a vertical twig.   This in itself posed me a further dilemma ....  do I let him relieve himself on the kitchen floor or do I entertain the passing motorists making the above mentioned noise in their automobiles on Sutton Rd to a floor show of me in my imfamous blue terry toweling Primarni dressing gown..... (there will be a full book written at a later date on the antics and sights of the world famous dressing gown) Fortunately for me and the motorists the hand of God stepped in and the said troubled key turned.  Panic over,  time for the first of my five cups of Nescafe before I can even think about facing the world...............

No comments:

Post a Comment