Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Saga of the Black Paint ...or not very black paint !

Or so I thought my day began rather late...... What is an alarm clock if not to ignore... but of course with one being so 21st century and technologically equipped there is in fact one thing I can no longer live without my  mobile and it is that that breaks through the peaceful serenity of my sleep,  and throwing that only aggravates it into going off every five minutes until you finally surrender,get up and accept its permanent existence in your life, and so it began at the shameful hour of ten hours after midnight.

Given the fact that I had eventually won the battle with the back door the previous day I rather confidently threw it open to welcome the warmth of the early July sun . It did not disappoint so after my regular caffeine intake I started the day paint brush poised to bring a blackness into my life with the new granite black I had just purchased !!  
This unfortunately did disappoint I had expected a brilliance of black that would shine through any dull day ...what I in fact got was a dishwater washed slate grey of a black I can only describe as depressing.......The tall stool I promised by tea time looked more and more like becoming the same shade of death I felt would overcome me if I failed to meet my own target......on that subject time management is not my  strongest point these days and after two hours battling I finally admitted defeat. I text ed my lady whose excitement at hearing from me soon turned to dismay and disappointment.....Alas I failed..
It turns out black is in fact one of the first colours ever used in neolithic cave paintings and  I was beginning to think it would have been good if my chosen paint had flipping stayed there !!!. Who decided black could have a hundred shades clearly needs banishing to the same neolithic caves!!

After throwing the towel in and admitting defeat ,this time by a stool my  day somewhat improved after that .  I was overjoyed to have and forever grateful for my new microwave which performed  far better than the paint and certainly better than my old one which caused last weeks chicken to become woefully imprisoned in a radioactive prison. .Thank God for Tesco's own branded value white goods.  Mr Tesco will never know how grateful I am for that 32 points !!! and there endeth today's life lesson Do not assume the colour on the outside of a tin is anything like the colour on the inside !!!! little bit like life really xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment